Sunday, March 7, 2010

Elvis Muffins

So I had some over-ripened bananas taunting me....what should I do...I was bored with the normal banana bread...so I thought what else. What goes with bananas....upon much contemplation (hahahaha yeah right)....I thought Elvis liked/likes (depending if you believe in the sightings) banana and peanut butter sandwiches. So why not try this combo in a muffin! The result? A very yummy and moist concoction that made my co-workers reminisce the days of The King.


Elvis Muffins

1/2 C oil
1/2 C sugar
1/2 C brown sugar
1 egg
1/2 C peanut butter
3 bananas, mashed
2 C all purpose flour
1 tsp baking soda
1 pinch of salt
1/2 C semi sweet chocolate chips
1/2 C peanut butter chips

1. Preheat oven to 375
2. Line muffin pan with liners
3. In large mixing bowl, mix together oil and sugars. Add egg; beat well. Stir in peanut butter, then bananas, then flour, baking soda, and salt. Mix well.
4. Fold in chocolate and peanut butter chips.
5. Fill muffin liners with batter...about 2/3 full.
6. Bake for 22 minutes.
7. Remove to wire rack and allow to cool.

Makes approximately 15 muffins.

1 comment:

  1. I made these today and they were yummy! I couldnt find peanut butter chips so I made them without, but still delish! Thanks Sis!

    ReplyDelete