Friday, January 14, 2011

Lemon-blueberry muffin bread

Ever go to re-organize/clean out your freezer and surprise yourself?  Well, while snowed in from the recent snowstorm that put 25 inches outside my door I found 3 bags of almost empty frozen blueberries.  How on earth I ended up with 3 of them I still don't know.  They equaled about a cup, so I new I could do something with them.  What I ended up with is the recipe below...there would've been a picture but Chef decided he enjoyed the bread so much, it was practically gone before I could find the camera.

1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour

3/4 cup white sugar
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 teaspoons baking powder
1/3 cup vegetable oil
1 egg
1/3 cup milk
1 tsp lemon extract
1 cup fresh blueberries
sugar for sprinkling

Directions


1.Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C). Grease loaf pan or muffin cups or line with muffin liners.

2.Combine 1 1/2 cups flour, 3/4 cup sugar, salt and baking powder. Place vegetable oil into a 1 cup measuring cup; add the egg, lemon extract and enough milk to fill the cup. Mix this with flour mixture. Fold in blueberries. Fill pan and sprinkle top with sugar.
3.Bake for 45-60 minutes in the preheated oven, or until done.

If making muffins bake 20-25 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment